Monday, July 8, 2019

Reflection on The Magician’s Nephew by C.S. Lewis


               I loved this book! I think it’s the best of the series so far and is a true page turner, especially in the second half, which I read all the way through in one sitting. It’s a prequel that goes back in time before Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy and does such a good job of expanding the lore. There is also a really cool passage where Lewis talks about (I think) the world wars, writing that
“Not yet, Daughter of Eve,” he said. “Not yet. But you are growing more like it. It is not certain that some wicked one of your race will not find out a secret as evil as the Deplorable Word and use it to destroy all living things. And soon, very soon, before you are an old man and an old woman, great nations in your world will be ruled by tyrants who care no more for joy and justice and mercy than the Empress Jadis. Let your world beware. That is the warning. Now for the command. As soon as you can, take from this Uncle of yours his magic rings and bury them so that no one can use them again.”
I thought this book was great if that wasn’t obvious and I can’t recommend this series highly enough.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you read it! It is my favorite as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god you're the first person to ever comment on this blog. Magician's Nephew was sooooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Famous magicians Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.

    ReplyDelete