Saturday, July 6, 2019

Reflection on A History of South Africa by Leonard Thompson


               So I could definitely write a better reflection on this one but I’m just not feeling it. It took me a long time to read this book and I’m just ready to be done with it. I only have one thought to share on it in that South Africa kind of looks like what North America would have been if large numbers of Native Americans had survived. In South Africa, they used “reserves” AKA reservations, to control them and limit their land and access to markets. In North America, this happened as well, though by the 20th century, the population of Africans in South Africa was probably already higher than in all of the continental United States. Reading slowed down while I was in the United States, I expect it to pick up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment