Friday, July 12, 2019

Reflection on The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis


              The final book in the Chronicles of Narnia series any way you read it, The Last Battle, like many of the books in the series has a slow start and a great finish. I think that that’s because Lewis likes to write beginnings in an obscure and small little way and finish with huge, beautiful endings. He writes beauty and pure bliss extremely well. This book is no exception to the others and I feel like the universe he created is absolutely wonderful. I won’t give away any spoilers, but I’ll just rank the books, which I know is pointless, but right now I would say they are:

  1. The Magician’s Nephew
  2. The Voyage of The Dawn Treader
  3. The Last Battle
  4. The Horse and His Boy
  5. The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
  6. The Silver Chair
  7. Prince Caspian

They’re all pretty close, though I would say that there is a clear upper tier for me, being the top four, as all of them have really cool characters and all but one have truly epic endings.

No comments:

Post a Comment