Sunday, July 10, 2022

Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and Hot It Can Help Us Find - and Keep - Love by Amir Levine, M.D. and Rachel Heller, M.A.

     Attached was a pretty cool book that I was interested in because I had heard of the various attachment styles and wanted to know more about them. I found the book to be interesting, but also over-quantified. I mean that the book cites all these studies that felt like fake science to me, lending a veneer of data to stuff that was really just categorizations. Like that people with an avoidant attachment style rated their partner less positively. But okay... that sounds to me like they are avoidant by definition. Like it is a circular logic. And since people can change attachment styles, it seems like the studies of attachment styles will either confirm scientists' prior beliefs, or they'll just say "Oh, I guess they were actually this other attachment style."

No comments:

Post a Comment