Thursday, June 6, 2019

Reflection on A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms by George R.R. Martin


               I am sad because there’s no more GRRM for me to read now except for A World of Ice and Fire, but I feel like that doesn’t count. This is a great book for fans of the show and books and is such a good reminder of how skilled George R.R. Martin is as a writer. I cruised through this one in two days and it felt like eating candy it was so good and readable. The books are about two travelers of the Seven Kingdoms about a hundred years before A Game of Thrones and skillfully tells a story about the “game of thrones” that is occurring through the two travelers who are really peripheral to it all. We hear lots about Bloodraven throughout the book and he is one of the most interesting “off-screen” characters. Also, I love when GRRM describes food. He is amazing at it and always makes me hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment