Friday, December 3, 2021

Reflection on Oathbringer (Stormlight Archive #3)

     Another great Stormlight Archive book, this one even longer than the last two. Oathbringer was an epic that took out characters from the high mountaintops of Urithiru to the besieged city of Kholinar, and from the darkness of Shadesmar to Thaylen City. All in all solid book and I still enjoy the series very much.

    A big highlight of the early part of this book is Pattern. That character is just really funny to me. I like when he "hums happily" or "buzzes happily" and his reactions to human life. Like when he learns that chaperones are supposed to stop humans from doing anything inappropriate, he asks if they mean dividing by zero. Funny stuff.

    This book also has the big reveal of why the Recreance happened, which I won't spoil here. I would only say as I finish this book that I don't know how Sanderson is going to keep going with this. I feel like we have already gotten to extremely high stakes that will be hard to top.


Miscellaneous:

  • Why do musicspren trail after Ryshadium?

No comments:

Post a Comment