Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Reflection on Words of Radiance (Stormlight Archive #2) by Brandon Sanderson

     I am moving pretty quickly through the Stormlight Archive books. I just love Brandon Sanderson's worldbuilding. In Words of Radiance (WOR), we reach the culmination of the long storyline of the war on the Shattered Plains as all our main characters unite there. Luckily, to break up all the Shattered Plains stories we get really interesting interludes, one of which is now a novella of its own that I am reading next. I would say the main strengths of this installment in the series are the exploration of Parshendi characters (we finally get the perspective of one of them in some interludes), the development of Shallan's backstory, and the greater involvement of the Heralds, who are like Greek demigods. It was frustrating to see how Kaladin transformed into an annoying and grumpy guy, but it was honestly good character development in this book. He was honestly even lower at some points in this book than he was in the first because at this point his life should have been better, but he still felt depressed.

    I guess I am officially hooked on this series. I think I'm going to read everything in the Stormlight Archive that is out before taking a break from Sanderson. This has really been scratching my fantasy/adventure itch.

No comments:

Post a Comment