Saturday, June 12, 2021

Reflection on Disunited Nations by Peter Zeihan

 So in this book, Peter Zeihan talks all about a predicted decline in American leadership, an increase in isolationism, and how that will affect the world. The book is about international relations, but honestly is even more about geography. I don't feel like writing a big post, but I'll say that it was interesting, but had no sources for anything and he talked way too much about rivers. I know he was getting stuff wrong because he said Cuba is only 90 miles from Miami, which is false. Cuba is 90 miles from Key West. So I think he is bullshitting. Way too much about rivers and demographics, not enough hard facts. I will say he made one interesting point about how or people to have kids, they need space, which is something interesting about suburbs.

All in all, I would say this was a decent introduction to international affairs, but was too light on the facts and too heavy on the sarcastic comments and speculation.

No comments:

Post a Comment