Friday, January 1, 2021

Reflection on A History of American Law by Lawrence Friedman

            This book was excellent, and I would recommend it to other law students. I read it during the winter break of my first year in law school and I recognized many concepts from my Torts, Property, and Civil Procedure courses that I took last semester. I am sure that I also read plenty of pages covering topics that will come up in my next semester. The book is thorough and well-written. People who saw me reading it assumed that from the name and topic that it would be dry, but this was actually an extremely engaging book.

            On the subject matter, the book goes chronologically through American history, starting in colonial times. But it flies quickly through the twentieth century. The main focus is definitely pre-20th century, especially the post-revolutionary period through the nineteenth century. All in all, this was an excellent read.

No comments:

Post a Comment